Craft – Secret Message Card for Valentine’s Day
Kids love to make these and give them to friends and family!
This is fun and everyone loves it!
Tools and Materials
White watercolor paper
Decorative paper and card stock
Self-adhesive laminating sheets, or laminating machine
Grape juice (The acid in the grape juice reacts with the baking soda, which is a base, to change the color of the paper, revealing the message.)
Grape Juice Secret Message How-To
1. In a small bowl, mix equal parts baking soda and water.
2. Using a paintbrush, write a secret message with the baking soda mixture on a piece of white watercolor paper. You should be able to see the message while it is still wet; if it’s hard to see, look at the paper at an angle as you write.
3. Allow the message to dry completely (about 10 minutes).
4. Brush off excess baking soda residue with a dry sponge.
5. To make a water-resistant card, cut pieces of decorative paper or card stock slightly bigger than the secret message paper. Sandwich the card between 2 sheets of laminate material, or run it through a laminating machine.
6. Using double-sided tape, attach the watercolor paper with the invisible message to the top of the laminated card.
7. Present the card with a spray bottle of grape juice. Instruct the recipient to spray the grape juice on the card to reveal the secret message. Note: The message must be lying flat until dry or the grape juice (and message!) will drip off.
THANK YOU TO MARTHA STEWART MAGAZINE FOR THIS CRAFT