DIY Pumpkin Treats For Your Dog
We all love our dogs, so you can now make a heart treat for them!
Pumpkin is very good for our furbabies!
This makes 20 treats, so if you want less just cut the recipe in half. I did that so I could see if my dogs would like them. And they do! So I’ll be making them again. I have 3 dogs and all of them love these!
When I make them myself I know what all is in them and I know they’re healthy!
I used a small cookie cutter for the heart shape. And for the paw print, I got an ink stamp at Michaels. Before I baked them, I dipped it in just a little flour so it was around the edges. You can see the white. I pressed it pretty hard and they came out cute!
Also, I baked these as long as it says on the recipe at first, but I didn’t want them that hard, so I baked the rest for less time. So you might want to play around with the recipe a little. It depends how big you make them, as to how long to bake them. These are only about an inch.
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons dry milk
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour (wheat is probably better!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Blend eggs and pumpkin together; add salt, dry milk, and flour.
- Add water as needed to make the dough somewhat workable.
- The dough should be dry and stiff, don't be concerned with crumbs being left in the bowl.
- You will need to mix this with your hands because it is too stiff for an electric mixer.
- Roll to ½-inch thick.
- Cut into shapes.
- Place 1" apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes on one side, then turn over and bake another 20 minutes.