Black Forrest Cake with Ganache Frosting
I made a fluffy Chocolate Ganache Frosting for this!
If you haven’t tasted Chocolate Ganache frosting, you’re missing out on an amazing taste!
I’ve never had a Black Forest Cake before, I had no idea what I was missing! Cherries and chocolate ganache are so delicious! This was actually pretty easy to make and the frosting goes on so easy.
- 1 Chocolate Cake Mix
- Eggs, Water, Oil for the Mix
- Ganache -
- 1¼ Cups Heavy cream
- 12 oz. Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 teasp Vanilla (Or whatever flavoring you'd like)
- 2 Cans Cherry Pie Filling
- Small Whipped cream
- Mix cake according to directions
- Spray and Flour pans, cut round pieces of parchment paper out for the bottoms
- Bake cake in two 8 or 9" round pans
- Then put on racks to cool all the way
- Ganache -
- Place the choc chips in a bowl
- Heat the cream in a pan just until it starts to boil
- Then pour over the choc chips
- Let sit for 10 mins
- Then whisk it together
- It'll be very thin. To get it thicker for frosting, place in refrigerator for 30 - 60 mins. Just check it after a half hour and see if it's thick enough to frost with.
- Whip the small whip cream with your mixer until stiff peaks form
- Put a layer of the cake on your tray and ice with some whipped cream and some of the cherries
- Then place the other cake layer on, and Ice the top and sides with the chocolate ganache.
- Pipe some whipped cream around the edge of the top
- Place a lot of cherries on the top