Weight Loss Journey and Smoothie Recipe

Weight Loss Journey and Smoothie Recipe

I Lost 2 Lbs. In Four Days!

That may not seem like a lot to you, but I was surprised I had lost any that quickly.

I’m going to share some of my recipes with you. They have ingredients that get your metabolism going. This first one is the Blueberry Chocolate Almond Smoothie. It’s so good!

diet-bluebery-chocolate-almond-smoothie-recipe

Last week end I got on the scales and that was it! I said, no more! I’m going to lose weight! First thing I did was cut out Root Beer and Hershey candy bars. For the first couple days I really missed it. But it got better after that. Now I drink iced tea with Truvia and no candy.

I’m using some of Dr. Oz’s recipes to boost my metabolism and just eat healthier. This smoothie can have an extra fruit in it, like strawberries. It just makes it taste better. So you will really like it.

I also started exercising Monday (Jan. 5th). I just do floor exercises for 25 – 30 minutes a day. A few years ago, I lost 50 lbs. but I’ve gained 40 of it back and now that has to go! We don’t need to go to the gym or buy all our meals. We can do this ourselves.

Now I know some things to add to my food to get the fat out! So I’m going to be sharing with you, in case you want to do this too. I don’t eat bad tasting food, so what I have here will taste good.

I’ve added two vitamins, Vitamin D and Selenium.  Selenium helps the regulation of thyroid hormones, promoting increased energy and weight loss. This is also in nuts. Vitamin D is good for high blood pressure and many other things. You may not need that.

I’m eating protein bars, vegetable chips (I just love potato chips), fish, grilled chicken, salad with low-fat dressing, a banana a day, nuts, beans and just a lot of healthy food.  I’ll share my recipes with you as I go.

Are you on a weight loss journey too? We should chat sometimes and give each other support.  I’d love to do that. Leave me a comment if you’d like to. We could talk through email, Facebook or private messages. I hope you enjoy this smoothie. I really do love it!

5.0 from 3 reviews
Get Your Metabolism Going -Smoothie Recipe

Author:
Recipe type: Skinny Blueberry Chocolate Almond Smoothie
Prep time:
Total time:
I'm on a weight loss journey. This smoothie gets metabolism going and tastes good.
Ingredients
  • 1 Cup Almond Unsweetened Milk
  • 1 Tablesp Almond Butter
  • 2 teasp Protein Powder or ½ protien bar (10g)
  • 1 teasp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
  • 1 Tablesp Flaxseed Oil
  • ½ Banana
  • ½ C Frozen Blueberries
  • ½ C Ice
  • 2 Dates
  • I added 4 Strawberries
Instructions
  1. Place everything in the blender
  2. Chop it up
  3. ENJOY!

I hope I can talk with some of you that also want to lose weight.  Doing this with a friend makes it easier.  I have several recipes I’m going to be making.  So I’d be glad to share them with you.  Like I said I got a lot of good info on the Dr. Oz site.

Thank you for stopping by!  And good luck with your journey!  If you have any questions, please ask me.

my signature

Posted in Healthy, recipe, WeightLoss
Tags: , , , , ,
10 comments on “Weight Loss Journey and Smoothie Recipe
  1. Daniel says:

So glad I came across this post! The recipe looks awesome … blueberries are one of my favorite smoothie ingredients and I love the idea of combining with almond and chocolate.

I jumped on the smoothies as part of a weight loss plan and I now use them as a way to keep that weight off so I like to think I’m proof of how they can work for weight loss 🙂
    Daniel recently posted..How to Choose a Blender – Your Ultimate Easy GuideMy Profile

2. kathy downey says:

Thanks you for sharing the recipe and im so looking forward to trying it. I have trying to lose weight and its so difficult having MS and limited mobility but i have managed to get rid of 27 lbs in the last 20 months.

3. I have been on a diet/life style change now for about 9 months, ie. counting calories and going to the Y three times a week. I have lost 65 lbs in about a year and I am always looking for delicious recipes. I love smoothies and I think I will try this one. Thank you for sharing!
    Kathleen Kelly recently posted..The Pentacle of Northumbria by Victor L.Moore Spotlight!My Profile

4. denise low says:

Thank you for the recipe. I may have to give this one a try.

5. I am a diabetic and need to eat several times a day but don’t. Breakfast is the most important to get your metabolism going and this smoothie would help. My metabolism sucks and can’t lose weight because of it. I ‘d like to drop 20 pounds.

6. Kim says:

My husband and I have been on the Fast Metabolism diet since after Thanksgiving. The smoothies give you a lot of bang for your dietary buck. I know he would love this blueberry one… It looks so delicious. Pinning.

7. Miranda says:

Ooh this looks so yummy! I am definitely pinning this and will be making them for breakfast. I have quite a few pounds of baby weight to lose 🙂 Thanks for sharing!
    Miranda recently posted..Pigskin Wrapped PoppersMy Profile

8. Joyce says:

This looks really good. I love your pictures. I just tried to go to one pop a week starting last Friday, but I crumbled on Friday evening and had one. I guess i’m ok if I don’t have another for a week. I have lost 2 pounds by eating smaller dinners, taking smaller bites and cutting down on fast food. It was a lot more fun to gain the weight. Good luck on your journey!!! I will comment back http://www.oldefashionmom.com

• Joyce, I know what ya mean! It is much more fun when you gain. lol That’s great two pops a week! Every once in a while I have a treat too. I gave up Hershery bars I was eating a lot! I missed those the first 3 days and then it wasn’t so bad. Thanks so much for commenting. Keep me posted. I’ve been on this for almost 2 weeks. I weight myself Monday. If you want to know how much I’ve lost by then, just stop by. I’ll have a post about it. Good luck to you too! I’m going to check out your blog now and follow on some platforms.
      Jody