These tips have helped me get more traffic and my posts promoted
1. Blog about what you are passionate about and things that help others
2. Be yourself, don’t worry about what other’s think you should do
3. Redo what has been done and make it your own, never use other’s words
4. Join Facebook groups and meet other bloggers, ask for help when you need it
5. Don’t get too upset about the small stuff, but keep track of it, someday it may be important
6. Time management is key, prioritize, what needs done on your blog, first
7. Support other bloggers, they will support you
8. Always keep the door open on potential sponsors, if they don’t fit now, they might later
9. Pin your posts to Pinterest and Instagram
10. Join Linky Parties for Pinterest and others
11. Pitch to lots of companies for reviews and/or giveaways
12. Write replies to the comments you get on posts
13. LinkedIn is a great place to share posts and meet bloggers and business professionals
14. Use CTA’s (Call To Action), On FB, ask them to share or like and to RT (ReTweet) on Twitter and on your posts, ask them to share
15. Add good images to your posts, ones good for Pinterest
16. Always proofread your work, sometimes spell check doesn’t get it right – this is crucial, I see articles all the time that have errors and it’s so unprofessional
17. SEO (Search engine optimization) is very important. Use keywords in title, meta description and images. (Using the Yoast Plug-in) helps you with this
18. Have all your share buttons on all posts. I use the Shareaholic Plug-in
19. Pinterest Master Plug-in adds the follow me on pinterest button, pin it button, show pinterest profile and show pinterest board to your website making it easier for users and visitors to share “pin it” the page they are reading or follow your pinterest profile.
20. The CommentLuv plug-in helps get comments. That way they get to leave a link to one of their posts.
Have fun and get a good night’s sleep!
Ok I just thought of one more thing, make sure you have a good title and Alt text on your images. So many times, I go to pin one for someone else and it doesn’t even say what it is, let alone the post title. So then I have to either type it in or leave it. I usually type it in, but not always. Others really shouldn’t have to do that for the blogger we’re pinning for.
Thanks for stopping by! Have any tips for me? I’d love to hear them. And would you mind sharing?