Carrot Cake – Low Calorie
This is low calorie, and still really delicious!
I’m trying to make food with less calories. So if you make this, I hope you enjoy it, too!
You can always use regular sugar and cream cheese if you don’t want it to be low calorie. This carrot cake, being low calorie, I ate more. lol
Carrot Cake - Low Calorie - Recipe
Author: Mom 'N Daughter Savings
This carrot cake is low calorie and very very good! I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 large eggs
- 1 c Truvia baking blend (or 2 C regular sugar)
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (3½-ounce) can flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Buttermilk Glaze:
- ½ C Truvia baking blend (or 1 C Sugar)
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cream Cheese Frosting:
- ¾ cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) package low fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 (3-ounce) package low fat cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- Line 3 (9-inch) round cakepans with paper; lightly grease and flour paper. Set pans aside.(Just turn the pan over and cut out round pieces of parchment paper)
- Stir together first 4 ingredients
- Beat eggs and next 4 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add flour mixture, beating at low speed until blended. Fold in carrots and next 3 ingredients
- Pour batter into prepared cakepans.
- Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Drizzle Buttermilk Glaze evenly over layers; cool in pans on wire racks 15 minutes.
- Remove from pans, and cool completely on wire racks.
- Spread Cream Cheese Frosting between layers and on top and sides of cake.
- Bring first 5 ingredients to a boil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Boil, stirring often, 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and stir in vanilla.
- Pour over cake while it's still warm
- Beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Add powdered sugar and vanilla; beat until smooth.